There are a number of different lectures and presentations which I have developed and each is designed to last from 45 minutes to an hour. Some can be expanded further by up to half an hour if desired and time can be allocated to Question and Answer or Workshop/Discussion sessions. All are lavishly illustrated with beautiful photographs and informative diagrams and many also include video clips. The talks are easily adapted to suit audiences of any age or nature and have been enjoyed by cruise ship passengers, international conferences, wildlife and conservation societies, special interest groups, university and senior school students, primary school pupils and Guide and Scout Groups. The titles currently on offer are:
- Whales, Dolphins and Porpoises of …. (An interesting guide to what species can be seen in the chosen area/region of the world).
- What’s That Whale? (Introductory and interactive Identification Training and Quiz).
- UK Whales, Dolphins and Porpoises (What species can be seen around the UK coast, where to see them and how to help study and protect them.)
- Friendly Wild Dolphins (When and why have some dolphins chosen to interact closely with humans?)
- Fascinating Facts about Whales, Dolphins and their Ocean World (An entertaining and informative look at some of the wonders of the ocean world.)
- Fascinating Facts about Animal Adaptation (The amazing way various marine creatures have adapted to living in the hostile ocean environment.)
- Fascinating Facts about Marine Migrations (A fascinating exploration of some of the creatures which undertake these amazing journeys and why they do it.)
- What has whaling ever done for us? (A fascinating look at the once essential uses of whaling products and the story of some of those who took part.)
- Dolphins in Ancient Greek Mythology and Culture (The part dolphins played in art, mythology, culture and technology.)
- Close Encounters of the Cetacean Kind (A personal and moving look at how close encounters with dolphins and whales, can change one’s life!)
- Marine Conservation: Why does it matter and what can we do? (An exploration of the importance of the oceans to human life and activity, and how to address the threats they face.)
- The Whole Nine Yards (Nautical Sayings and Superstitions and how they have influenced our language.)
- Pirates and Privateers (An entertaining romp through pirate lore, including how to become an official pirate and why not all pirates are from the Caribbean!)
I also work closely with International Dolphin Watch and have exclusive rights to show films by Dr Horace Dobbs, the inspirational dolphin author and film-maker, and to talk about his life and work. The film titles are “Follow a Wild Dolphin”, “A Closer Encounter”, “Bewitched by a Dolphin” and “The Dolphin’s Touch” and there is also “Dolphin Dreamtime”, a relaxation and visualisation CD featuring Aboriginal music and dolphin, whale and other natural sounds.
My standard fee is £125 for for a 2 – 3hr booking divided into 2 different sessions. Shorter 1-2hr sessions are available, particularly for small audiences/groups at a cost of £75. In both cases, this is plus very reasonably travel expensesof 25p/mile.
Please contact me to discuss details – 07768 592306 / robin@TheWhaleandDolphinMan.co.uk